Manual Osteopathy is a gentle, holistic, safe and effective form of hands-on therapy which features the interrelationship between structure and function of the human body. The primary focus is the musculoskeletal system (muscles, fascia, ligaments and joints), organs and the central nervous system. Manual Osteopaths do not concentrate only on the problem area but the root cause of pain. They believe in the body’s natural ability to heal itself and are trained to treat conditions based on anatomy, physiology, pathology and how they relate to the osteopathic principles. They will evaluate and return balance to the musculoskeletal, cranial, cardiovascular, visceral and neurological systems of the body.
Benefits of Osteopathy
- Removes the underlying cause of pain
- Relieves chronic pain through non-invasive treatment
- Helps the body to adapt to hormonal and structural changes during pregnancy
- Encourages the body to heal itself
- Reduces pain and stiffness in joints
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Increases spinal and muscle flexibility
- Improves blood flow to the muscles and tissues
- Enhances immune system function
- Improves digestive tract
- Enhances athletic performance
- Reduces risk of injury
- Increases range of motion
- Increases energy
- Treats spinal problems resulting from poor posture or spinal disc injuries
- Reduces tension in the body
- Relieves tension headaches and migraine headaches
- Reduces visible scarring and adhesion on the skin
- Treats trauma from accidents, sports injuries and motor vehicle injuries
- Increases circulation and healthy heart rate
- Reduces blood pressure and associated diseases
Osteopathy Chronic Pain Clinics of Canada (OCPCC)
Keswick Active Health group is the only Clinic in Keswick to be a part of the Chronic Pain Clinic of Canada.(OCPCC) providing rehabilitation and prevention treatments for sports injuries, work-related injuries, musculoskeletal disorders or injuries, accidental injuries, chronic injuries, postural complaints and injuries related to everyday living.
We cater to clients of all ages including newborns, children, adults, seniors and high-level athletes. Treatment is provided in a safe, noninvasive and relaxing environment.
We offer the highest quality of care to all our clients. We are friendly, knowledgeable and care about all aspects of your treatment. Each treatment is customized to meet your specific needs by incorporating a variety of assessment and treatment techniques that are best suited to you as an individual. As part of our service, we will provide you with knowledge of self-administered pain management techniques such as stretching and strengthening/ postural exercises.