At Keswick Active Health Group we know that contrary to popular belief urinary incontinence is not just Kegel Exercises. Our therapists work with you and assess the core causes of your incontinence. We help you return to care free days.
Incontinence can be caused by a multitude of factors, some of which are structural and some of which are modifiable. In each individual, there appears to be a threshold at which multiple factors combine to eventually strain the continence system to the point where symptoms of incontinence emerge. Recent research suggests that incontinence is a problem of the entire abdominal canister.
How we can help
Motor control factors
- pelvic floor muscle dysfunction
- postural and movement dysfunction
- low back and pelvic pain
- breathing dysfunction
- Decreased range of motion
- Decreased muscle strength
- Decreased muscle endurance
- Elevated intra-abdominal pressure
- Physical inactivity
- Faulty fluid intake and voiding strategies
- Poor psychosocial health
Who would benefit from this approach?
- Women with symptoms of urinary incontinence (stress, urge and mixed)
- Women who are awaiting surgery for incontinence or who have post-surgical complications
- Women interested in prevention:
- Pre and Post partum moms
- Peri-menopausal women
- Women with low back or pelvic pain
Using Exercises, Biofeedback and muscle stimulation Keswick Active Health Group can work with you to design a customized program that will help address weakness and spasm, regular bowel and bladder emptying as well as exercises to prevent further injury.
Pelvic pain, pain with urination, pain with intercourse, pain in tailbone.
Men can also benefit from Pelvic health therapy :
- Low back with sacroiliac or tailbone pain
- Any difficulty with urination,
- Post prostate cancer or Prostectomy and Sexual Dysfuntion
- High frequency urination